Suffering After An Abortion?
You are Not Alone
If you have experienced abortion(s) in your past, we want to help you. Years after your abortion, you may begin to recognize emotional consequences and want to move past those consequences and “feel whole.” You may even feel like you have dealt with your abortion and that you have recovered in your own way, yet you could still be experiencing post traumatic stress disorder due to your abortion.
While some women and men face severe symptoms which interfere with normal functioning in their families or careers, more often women and men experience subtle symptoms which, while allowing them to live normal lives, stand in the way of their experiencing life to the fullest as God intended.
Symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder due to abortion:
- Difficulty in bonding emotionally with family members
- Over-protectiveness of your children
- Emotional numbness-not experiencing happiness or sadness at the levels you once did
- Lack of motivation to do things you once enjoyed
- Preoccupation with thoughts of becoming pregnant again
- Eating and sleep disorders
- Excessive alcohol/drug abuse or smoking
- Poor self image
There is hope, forgiveness, and healing for you.